Instructor (reporting to Director of Training) requires direct contact with students in instruction, training, and monitoring professional and academic development throughout their program.
- Article 9
- Prevention and Support
- First Aid
1. Keep students engaged in a classroom environment while following an established curriculum / syllabus. Create positive educational climate for students to learn in while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities.
2. Offer constant guidance during the practical portion of class- educating students on proper technique and skills.
3. Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
4. Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures. Observe and evaluate student’s performance and counsel those who do not adhere to guidelines.
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e. not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. A minimum of three (3) years experience of adult instruction
2. A minimum of three (3) years experience in the Arizona ALTCS program. (DDD or EPD)
This position is open until filled. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
|Job Category||As Needed|